I’m a procrastinator. Always have been, probably always will be. Sometimes even I wonder how on EARTH I can possibly waste so much time.
Well, here’s how.
The Scribbler’s Ginorma-list of Procrastination Tactics:
*These are in no particular order, other than the order they came to mind
1) Check Facebook. Like, seventeen THOUSAND times a day. Sometimes that many times an hour. As if I got a notification in the 3 seconds since the last time I checked… I swear when I’m procrastinating that little red “1” is the most beautiful image….
2) Check Twitter to see if Josh Groban said anything else that was notoriously hilarious. Seriously, if you’re on Twitter and you’re not following Josh Groban, SHAME on you! Because he’s notorious. And hilarious. And everyone needs to be following him. Pretty much the reason I got Twitter in the first place.
3) Check my Email. Just to see if I have any new spam. Or maybe the rare chance that I got something good, like a notification from WordPress that someone likes my post. Hooray!
4) Write a Blog. That’s right folks, I’m even procrastinating right meow.
5) Watch this video:
6) Check to see if, in the last minute and twenty-three seconds, someone has read my blog.
7) Read a book that just so happens to not be on my class reading list. Funny how that works, eh?
8) Check Facebook again.
9) Eat anything salty. Seriously, when I’m bored, salt is the go-to food. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know. But I’ve eaten many a package of dry ichiban in my day.
10) Watch a movie. Usually it’s Pride and Prejudice (or another Jane Austen adaptation – they’re all brilliant!). Depending on how much time I plan to procrastinate (yes, sometimes I have planned procrastination) it will either be the glorious BBC production that is approximately 300 minutes long (nom Colin Firth), or if I have less time, the also very good two hour Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFadyen version (nom Matthew MacFadyen)
“You have bewitched me, body and soul.”
Gives me shivers every time!
10) Draw a picture
11) Paint a picture
12) Check my DeviantArt profile, and lurk the first few pages of popular pictures.
13) Clean my room. This usually only happens when I have other things to do. Or if someone is coming over.
14) Stare at my ceiling. It’s not very interesting.
15) Check Facebook
16) Has anyone commented on my blog yet? It’s been at least three minutes now..
17) Listen to music and watch music videos
18) Check to see if my favourite comics have anything new! If you’re interested, they are Gallows Humor, Romantically Apocalyptic, The Oatmeal, Scandinavia and the World (Niels also comes to mind) and Cyanide and Happiness!
19) Play StarCraft II
20) Play Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (I’m Sith yo – the badassery never ends!)
21) Play Guild Wars (Who’s excited for GW2?!?! I AM!!)
22)Play Harvest Moon. Those cute little farmers just steal my heart.
23) Shop online, even though I have no money to buy online things.. *sad
24) Write a story – or attempt to. I have many novels in the makings.
25) Write poetry
26) Make some tea – I love tea, tea loves me. We have a very comfortable relationship.
27) Have a bath – I use this when the excuse “I can’t concentrate” comes along. Mostly I just want to do nothing.
28) Play with my rats. Because they’re adorable, and I wuv them
29) Stare at my phone. Surely they got that text I send 7.3 seconds ago.
30) Have a mini beauty pageant… in my room… alone. Folks, if I’m bored, you can tell. I’ll have nice, time-consuming makeup on. I probably spent at least 15-30 minutes on it. Sometimes I just want to have my own mini beauty pageant in my room, okay? It also includes changing my clothes a million times, and dancing in front of my mirror.
There you have it folks. Some of the ways in which I waste time.
“SOME?! But Scribbler, there are 30 things there!”
Yes, I know. I just didn’t want to make the post stupid long. Maybe, when I’m feeling the need to procrastinate once again, I’ll write a part two 😉
What are some ways you procrastinate? I’d love to hear it!